Vector graphics have been around for a very long time, and they are still used in creative design. Vector graphics are becoming more popular with the advent of computer programs like Adobe Illustrator CC and Sketch. The ultimate goal is to create a vector graphic that is scalable without losing quality.
What is Vector Graphics?
Vector graphics are a type of computer-aided design (CAD) file. They are created using lines and curves that are used for constructing shapes and images. In vector graphics, these lines are drawn as mathematical equations that can be modified simply by changing the value of one variable at a time.
Vector graphics allow you to create fully scalable designs without losing quality; they’re also able to be exported as many different file types, including PDFs and JPEGs. Vector graphics can be created on the computer or with an expensive piece of software like Adobe Illustrator CC or Sketch.
The goal when creating a vector graphic is to create an image that has no repetition and is still aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
Integration of Vector Graphics into a Design
The first step to creating a vector design is to make all of your artwork in the same file, but within different layers. This will allow you to organize and control your designs as they are being made.
Next, you want to decide what functions you want your vector design to have. For example, if you’re designing an infographic for an article, you might want to include navigation bars on each page that allow readers to move through the content. Or maybe you want a call-to-action button that links out from the design. Whatever function you desire, it can be easily added with the use of vector illustrations or logos.
Finally, before exporting your vector designs into .ai format, make sure all of your drawings are scaled properly so that they will work on any size of canvas; this ensures consistency across the entire design.
The Basics of Vector Drawing
Vector graphics are made of many points and lines that are connected. It’s similar to a Raster graphic, but there is one major difference: Vector graphics can be scaled down or up without losing quality.
Here’s an example of a raster graphic and a vector graphic side by side:
The raster graphics on the left are blurry because they’re not scalable. The vector graphics on the right are crisp because they are scalable.
To create your own vector designs, you will first need Adobe Illustrator CC or Sketch installed on your computer. From there, you’ll be able to start drawing shapes and lines that make up your design. You can also use preset shapes like rectangles or circles to help with the process if you need it.
Techniques for Creating a Vector Design
– If you want the vector graphic to be scalable, make sure you have a square for every inch in your design. This will enable users to resize without losing quality.
2. Shape and Color
– Create a shape (e.g., line, oval, circle) that is easy to reproduce so that it can be used on marketing materials and websites. Make sure the shape is clear so it will stand out from your design when reproduced in print or digital graphics.
– Use perspective to create depth in your design by creating two different shapes for the foreground and background of your design that are not parallel with each other.
4. Tones and Contrast
– Enhance contrast by using tones that are high on one side and lower on another side of your vector graphic, like a light bulb’s filament on one side of the bulb and its surrounding glass on the other side of the bulb would be an example of this contrast technique.
– You should keep your vector graphic simple by focusing on key elements such as shapes, colors and values (lightness or darkness). Try not to overcomplicate it with unnecessary elements that distract from what you’re trying to depict.
In this article, we’ll take a deeper look into Illustrator CC software and learn how to create some vector shapes using geometric forms. We’ll also cover how to use the tools available in Illustrator CC like the pen tool, shape tools, etc., which make it easy to transform your sketches into professional-looking graphics.
Sketch is a vector-based design program created by Bohemian Coding. Sketch has a steep learning curve, but it is the perfect tool for creating complex vector artwork. If you’re looking to create your own vector graphics, then you should try out Sketch.
The basics of Sketch are simple and easy to learn, but advanced designs require more time and skill. If you want to make an intricate design with lots of details and multiple layers, then you will need a lot more patience and experience than most beginners have.
There’s nothing worse than spending hours on a project only to discover that there’s something wrong with the file format or the sizes are all wrong With Sketch, you can save your files in many formats so that they can be opened in any program or on any device.